Your best gear requires and deserves premium power protection — even if it is in a smaller or secondary setup. Furman's 7-outlet edition of their Elite 15i gives you the same peace of mind you get from the company's higher-priced models, in a streamlined design. This heavy-duty component offers Furman's professional-grade power protection and line filtering, originally developed for film and broadcast studios.
Let's face it, seven outlets may be enough for even your main TV or home stereo setup. Especially since the Elite 15i also includes three sets of protected coaxial connections. But just remember that every link of your audio-video chain needs to be protected — including your TV, receiver, sound bar, Blu-ray player, Roku, and so on. If one connected piece is left unprotected, then they are all unprotected.
We always recommend having a few extra outlets so you can grow your system later. Personally, I always seem to get that new component “itch,” and start searching for that next piece to add to my home theater. If you're maxed out at seven outlets, the more robust 13-outlet Elite 15i PFi might make more sense.
Power surges can be quick, or sustained — both types can seriously damage unprotected components. The Elite-15 constantly monitors the incoming AC, and if voltage reaches 15% above normal, it automatically shuts off power to all connected equipment.
Other surge suppressors are designed to "take a bullet" and sacrifice internal parts to save your gear. It's a noble effort, but it leaves your system out of commission while you send the suppressor back to the factory for repair or replacement. Furman's suppressor circuitry can withstand multiple high-voltage spikes and keep on protecting your gear.
The Elite-15's wide-bandwidth noise filtration reduces the AC line noise that can mask low-level audio and video details. The result is noticeably improved picture and sound quality. Six AC outlets on the back panel are divided into three isolated banks, which helps prevent noise created by one component from affecting the power going to your other plugged-in equipment.
- 7 AC outlets with three isolated banks:
- one bank of 2 unswitched outlets
- one bank of 2 switched outlets
- one bank of 2 outlets with additional ultrasonic filtering for digital or video components (switched)
- one unswitched front-panel convenience outlet
- Series Multi-Stage Protection surge suppression system can withstand multiple catastrophic voltage spikes
- Extreme Voltage Shutdown circuitry monitors incoming AC and automatically cuts off power to connected equipment if overvoltage is detected
- wide-bandwidth EMI/RFI noise filtering for clearer sound and picture
- 3 sets of coaxial RF connections for cable TV, satellite, and antenna
- RJ-11 phone line input and output
- 12-volt trigger input and output with bypass button
- maximum current rating: 15 amps
- 2 retractable front-panel LED lamps to illuminate an equipment rack or cabinet
- standard 1U rack height with feet removed
- rack mount ears included
- 17"W x 2-1/8"H x 14-3/4"D
- weight: 11 lbs.
This product can be professionally installed, in our service area, at a rate of $125 per hour. Call for an appointment.