Listing is for speakers only! No box. Manual and instructions available online at manufacturer website.
MartinLogan's stealthy ElectroMotion IC may just be the perfect in-ceiling speaker. It can deliver an unforgettable listening experience practically anywhere in your home, yet its ultra-low profile vanishes neatly into your room's decor without taking up an inch of valuable floor space. Install a pair of these speakers in a kitchen or bedroom for fantastic stereo sound, or use multiple pairs to create a concealed home theater system.
The distinctive sound of the ElectroMotion IC starts with MartinLogan's Folded Motion tweeter. Rather than a dome or cone driver, this tweeter uses a pleated diaphragm that works like an accordion by "squeezing" air to create sound. It requires about 90% less excursion than a typical 1" dome tweeter, resulting in quicker response time and much lower distortion. The tweeter's controlled sound dispersion creates a focused soundstage with a real sense of presence. Music and movie soundtracks sound amazingly detailed, but smooth and effortless, without a trace of harshness.
- " x 1.4" Folded Motion tweeter for exceptional detail with low distortion
- 6-1/2" aluminum cone woofer with cast aluminum basket
- frequency response: 47-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 20-200 watts
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- impedance: 4 ohms
- hand-built, audiophile-grade crossover network
- angled rotating design to aim sound
- paintable speaker grille
- frame dimensions: 9-1/8 diameter
- cutout dimensions: 8-1/4" diameter
- mounting depth: 5-1/4"
This product can be professionally installed, in our service area, at a rate of $125 per hour. Call for an appointment.