Want high-quality audio from your new in-ceiling music or home theater system? Monitor Audio's C265 in-ceiling speaker is worth a look. It uses some of the same technology found in the company's higher-end speakers, including Monitor's directionally aimable gold dome tweeter.
Use the C265 for music as part of a low-profile, custom-installed whole-house audio system. Or use it as an overhead effects speaker in a Monitor Audio home theater system.
The C265 uses Monitor's signature 1" C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) gold dome tweeter for clear, detailed highs and realistic reproduction of instruments, vocals, and dialogue. It's the same tweeter found in many of Monitor's highly acclaimed bookshelf and floor-standing speakers.
A tweeter level control switch on the front baffle lets you boost or cut high frequencies to best suit your room's acoustics — a feature typically reserved for more expensive models.
This speaker uses a 6-1/2" C-CAM woofer for textured, accurate midrange and punchy bass. An advanced crossover network helps ensure smooth, full-range sound throughout the speaker's frequency range. And a built-in boundary compensation switch adjusts low-frequency output when the speaker is placed near a corner.
- ideal for an in-ceiling music system or overhead effects channel in a home theater system
- pivoting 1" gold dome C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) tweeter for detailed sound
- three-position tweeter level control cuts or boosts high-frequency output to ideally suit your room's acoustics
- 6-1/2" C-CAM woofer for smooth midrange and tight bass response
- boundary compensation switch adjusts low-frequency output when the speaker is placed near a corner
- unobtrusive frame and low-profile grille for discreet installation
- recommended amplifier power: 20-75 watts
- frequency response: 60-30,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 88.5 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- patented Tri-Grip® mounting system ensures maximum surface seal for better bass and midrange clarity
- paintable removable magnetic steel grille
- cutout diameter: 8-5/16"
- overall diameter: 9-13/16"
- mounting depth: 4-1/2"
- weight: 4.5 lbs.
This product can be professionally installed, in our service area, at a rate of $125 per hour. Call for an appointment.