Sure, we've got custom-install speakers from Monitor Audio that are packed with even more high-end technologies than the CWT160, but this slim, stealthy model delivers what we think many people will find to be a really useful combination of installation convenience and performance features.
All the models in Monitor's CWT (Ceiling/Wall Trimless) Series measure less than 4" deep and come with your choice of round or square paintable grilles. Add to that a splash- and humidity-proof design, and that means you can use these speakers in just about any application around your home. Monitor's Tri-Grip® mounts make it easier to fasten the speaker in your ceiling or wall and ensure a tight seal.
The CWT160 offers impressive performance thanks to Monitor's ingenious driver designs. Take, for example, the advanced gold dome tweeter. It's the same one that Monitor uses in many of its traditional cabinet-style speakers, crafted from a high-tech aluminum/magnesium alloy and treated with an anodized layer of gold for even smoother sound. The tweeter pivots, so you can aim the highs toward your favorite listening spot. A 6" polymer cone woofer dishes out detailed mids and tight bass.
- "Trimless" design features an unobtrusive frame and low-profile grille for discreet installation
- pivoting 1" gold dome C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) tweeter for detailed sound and extended high-frequency response
- 6" MMP® II (Metal Matrix Polymer) woofer
- recommended amplifier power: 15-70 watts
- frequency response: 60-30,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- patented Tri-Grip® mounting system ensures maximum surface seal for better bass and midrange clarity
- paintable removable magnetic steel grille
- overall size (including grille): 8-1/16" diameter
- cutout diameter: 6-11/16"
- shallow mounting depth of 3-7/8"
- weight: 4-5/8 lbs.
This product can be professionally installed, in our service area, at a rate of $125 per hour. Call for an appointment.