We don't think that just because you want your speakers out of sight and out of the way means you should have to settle for less than great sound. Neither does Monitor Audio. For proof, check out their impressive WT265. This in-wall speaker's high-tech design and solid construction deliver ear-pleasing results for movies or music. Use it as a surround sound speaker in an all-Monitor Audio home theater, or install them in pairs for stereo listening with your multi-room audio system. Either way, you'll experience rich, powerful sound without the clutter of conventional speakers.
The WT265 takes advantage of Monitor Audio's experience and technical know-how found in their high-end cabinet-style speakers. Both the 1" tweeter and 6-1/2" woofer are made of an advanced ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy that originally debuted as a material for jet engine components. It's a fantastic material for speakers, too, because it results in drivers that are extremely lightweight and rigid, which means they can respond to audio signals swiftly and precisely. The tweeter is further treated with an anodized layer of gold for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. This 1" dome also pivots, so you can aim it toward your preferred listening spot for more direct sound.
- 1" pivoting gold dome C-CAM® tweeter for detailed sound and extended high-frequency response
- 6-1/2" C-CAM bass driver
- ultra-rigid, lightweight C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) cone material provides high efficiency and low distortion
- frequency response: 55-30,000 Hz
- recommended amplifier power: 20-65 watts
- sensitivity: 88.5 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- high-frequency level adjustment switch (+3dB, 0dB, -3dB)
- boundary compensation switch to more accurately tune the speaker to the room
- patented Tri-Grip® mounting system ensures maximum surface seal for better bass and midrange clarity
- paintable bezel and removable magnetic steel grille
- splash- and humidity-proof for installation in shower room or pool areas
- rear dust protection cover
- overall dimensions (including grille): 9-13/16" x 14-9/16"
- cutout dimensions: 8-3/8" x 13-1/16"
- mounting depth: 3-3/8"
This product can be professionally installed, in our service area, at a rate of $125 per hour. Call for an appointment.