The SpeakerCraft AIM 7 THREE Series 2 speaker has a 15 degree pivoting 7” aluminum cone woofer, 15 degree pivoting & 359 degree rotational ARC tweeter array incorporating (4) - 5/8” aluminum dome tweeters.
More revolutionary than evolutionary, SpeakerCraft AIM Series 2 is 100% re-crafted to support sophisticated installations, demanding sonic performance, and advanced object-based surround audio platforms such as Dolby Atmos®, Auro-3D®, and DTS:X®. The re-crafting effort addresses every aspect of the speaker, from front to back, resulting in a sound solution you’ll have to hear to believe.
Inspired by the line arrays used in concert venues, the high frequency array in the AIM Series 2 family features up to four tweeters oriented along a pivoting arc. They are fed in phase to constructively interfere with each other, thus sending high frequency sound waves farther into the listening area than traditional loudspeakers, and with a more carefully defined sound output pattern as well.
A typical single-tweeter “point source” in an architectural speaker radiates a very wide soundfield. This actually creates multiple reflections from the room’s periphery, presenting the listener with multiple delayed and out-of-phase versions of the original sound which reduce the clarity of that sound. The ARC Tweeter Array significantly enhances speech intelligibility by narrowing the sound output pattern in a manner that lets integrators precisely direct the soundfield to the listening area. By arraying the transducers closely together along a single arc, AIM Series 2 minimizes the disruption to the horizontal off-axis frequency response. Meanwhile, the high frequency response soundfield along the transducers’ vertical axis will be diminished due to the close proximities of the adjacent transducers, which increases the vertical directivity. The increase in vertical directivity diminishes reflections outside the listening area, thus enhancing dialog and vocals.
The enhanced aim-ability of AIM Series 2 presents new options for sound design—from home theater to whole home audio. More than ever, sound can be directed to a specific section of a room, angled toward a seating area or wherever an audio impact is desired.
As a final touch, the AIM Series 2’s Vortex Eliminators disperse sound as it reaches the outer edge of the speaker baffle. Acoustically, this moves the speaker closer to the surface of the ceiling, improving the overall dispersion of sound and eliminating any tunnel effect found in lesser ceiling speakers.
- Uniform, aim-able high-frequency coverage.
- Lower crossover point through increased number of drivers gives increased sound pressure level at the critical mid-range frequencies resulting in a sweeter sweet spot.
- Smoother power response, higher power handling capability and less distortion than a single tweeter design.
- New speaker housing design allows for a +/-15 degree pivoting woofer, totaling 30 degrees of adjustment, plus Arc-Tweeter Array with +/- 15 degree toe-in/toe-out adjustment, and 359 degrees of rotational flexibility.
- Co-molded, lower density compounds minimize structural resonance in the surrounding wall/ceiling.
- Updated WavePlane design enhances high frequency dispersion.
- Acoustic Vortex Eliminators reduce sound turbulence.
- New Cone and Tweeter Materials:
- AIM 5, 7 & 8 TWO: Glass Fiber Woofer + Silk Dome Tweeters.
- AIM 5, 7 & 8 THREE: Aluminum Woofer + Aluminum Dome Tweeters.
- AIM 5, 7 & 8 FIVE: Kevlar™ Fiber Woofer + Aluminum-Magnesium Dome Tweeters.
- Back mounted grille assembly magnets improve aesthetics and longevity of grille assembly.
This product can be professionally installed, in our service area, at a rate of $125 per hour. Call for an appointment.