Yamaha's RX-V685 is loaded with up-to-the-minute features and convenient customization options so you can set up your ideal system for movies and music.
Want fewer wires in your life? Add MusicCast 20 or MusicCast 50 wireless streaming speakers. This receiver allows them to be connected as wireless surround speakers in a 5.1 home theater system with traditional wired front and center channel speakers.
This feature-packed receiver delivers a truly lifelike movie experience when you match it to a 4K Blu-ray player and Ultra HD TV. Dolby Atmos and DTS:X decoding give you 360-degree surround sound to match the stunning picture.
This receiver has connections for nine speakers, and it can power up to seven speakers at a time. You can set up a standard 7.2-channel surround sound system, or you can go with 5.2-channel surround sound and use the rear surround channels as height channels in a 5.1.2 Atmos system.
You can also use the rear surround channels to bi-amp your main front speakers for more powerful sound, or reassign them to set up a wired stereo system in a separate room. When Zone 2 is powered on, Yamaha's Intelligent Amp Assign feature automatically redirects the power for the two surround back channels to your stereo setup in Zone 2, giving you five-channel surround sound in the living room.
Yamaha's MusicCast technology makes it easier than ever to set up a whole-home wireless music system. You can add audio playback in up to nine additional rooms with compatible Yamaha wireless speakers and sound bars.
MusicCast lets you stream music from your personal collection, internet radio, and streaming services. You can also play Bluetooth sources, sound from your TV, and even CDs and vinyl. The free MusicCast Controller app makes it easy to access your music and control what you have playing in different rooms.
- 7-channel amplifier
- 90 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.06% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X for more enveloping home theater sound
- supports a 5.1.2 Atmos setup with multiple placement patterns for height channels
- upscales HD video signals to 4K Ultra HD
- MusicCast Surround lets you add MusicCast 20 or MusicCast 50 speakers to create a 5.1-channel setup with wireless rear surrounds
- YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer) automatic speaker calibration with Reflected Sound Control and Volume (microphone included)
- DSP modes add richness and depth to music and movie soundtracks
- Adaptive Dynamic Range Control limits the volume level on sound effects and commercials for more discreet late-night listening
- Dialogue Lift and Level Adjustment for clearer, louder dialogue while watching movies and shows
Digital and Streaming Music Options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- Wireless Direct lets you stream music and control the player from a smartphone or tablet without a wireless home network
- Spotify Connect lets you play Spotify's streaming music library through the receiver via your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- MusicCast wirelessly connects compatible Yamaha components for whole home audio
- includes support for Pandora®, Spotify®, SiriusXM Internet Radio, TIDAL, Deezer, Napster and more
- free MusicCast app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- works with Amazon Alexa-compatible voice control assistants
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming
- Apple® AirPlay® for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® or computer running iTunes®
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (up to 32-bit/192kHz resolution)
- gapless playback of WAV, FLAC and ALAC files from USB thumb drives and networked computers
- dual-room/dual-source output
- powered and line-level stereo audio output for 2nd room (using powered 2nd-room output allows 5.2 home theater in main room)
- Intelligent Amp Assign automatically redirects Surround Back channels in Main zone to Zone 2 speakers when Zone 2 is powered on
- Party Mode ensures that both zones stay in sync when playing the same source
- HDMI audio sources cannot be output to Zone 2
Audio Performance Features:
- four 32-bit/384kHz Burr-Brown digital-to-analog converters
- Extra Bass offers enhanced low-frequency response even with small speakers
- Virtual Cinema Front simulates surround sound effects when five connected speakers are all placed in the front of the room
- Ultra Low Jitter PLL circuitry reduces timing jitter from digital sources, for improved sound quality and imaging
- Compressed Music Enhancer improves sound quality of MP3s and other digital music files
- Surround Back speaker outputs can also be used to bi-amp compatible front speakers
- HDMI audio/video switching: 5 in, 2 out
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports HDR10, Dolby Vision, and HLG
- component video input
- composite video input
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 2 coaxial
- 3 pairs of stereo RCA inputs
- 1 pair of stereo RCA outputs for Zone 2
- 1 pair of Front preamp outputs lets you amplify your front speakers separately for more powerful sound
- preamp outputs for two powered subwoofers
- phono input for use with a turntable
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives
- Ethernet port for network connection
- outputs for 9 speakers: Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Front Presence L/R
- Front Presence or Surround Back speaker outputs can also be used for Zone 2 speakers in a second room
- receiver can power a maximum of 7 channels at once
- remote input/output (IR) and 12 volt-trigger output for use with external controllers
- 1/4" headphone jack
- free Yamaha MusicCast Controller app lets you use your Apple or Android device as a Wi-Fi remote
- 4K and 3D video pass-through
- full-color on-screen display
- four SCENE presets for one-touch power-up, source selection and DSP recall
- Audio Return Channel (ARC) function receives digital audio signals from a compatible HDTV's tuner or "smart" content via HDMI
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- AM/FM tuner
- remote control
- 17-1/8"W x 6-3/4"H x 14-7/8"D (9-3/4"H with Wi-Fi antenna raised)
- weight: 23.1 lbs.
This product can be professionally installed, in our service area, at a rate of $125 per hour. Call for an appointment.